Phone: (607) 423-6393
4401 East West Hwy, Suite 404
Bethesda, MD 20814
Hours: (By Appointment Only)
WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE?
Acupuncture is a system of care designed to stimulate the body’s natural healing powers both to maintain health and to address specific conditions. A treatment system in practice for thousands of years, acupuncture eventually became part of a comprehensive natural health system known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). TCM views the human body as an energetic whole rather than a combination of isolated body parts. Restoring balance throughout the whole person and thus attaining a state of optimal health is the goal of TCM.
Acupuncture stimulates the flow of energy, oxygen, blood, and vital nutrients in the body by inserting hair-thin sterile needles into specific acupuncture points. Scientific research has demonstrated that stimulating specific acupuncture points engages receptors in the brain that release hormones and natural neuro-chemicals that helps reduce pain, regulate the endocrine system, calm the nervous system, regulate serotonin levels, stimulate the immune system and regulate the hearth’s rhythm. As a result of these newly understood factors, acupuncture is increasing used as an adjunctive treatment for primary care and acute care.
- Chinese herbal medicine consult
- Anxiety, depression, high stress, insomnia
- Chemotherapy/radiation induced side-effects
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive problems
- Hip pain
- Hormonal imbalance
- Infertility/pregnancy support
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Neck and back pain
- Nerve pain
- Painful/irregular menstruation
- Perimenopause symptoms
- Shoulder pain
- TMJ/jaw pain
- Weak immune system
- Wrist pain
WE ACCEPT INSURANCE
- We are in network with Carefirst, BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, GEHA
- Prior to your appointment, please check with your insurance provider if acupuncture services are covered by your plan
- If you're out of network, we will provide a document for you to submit directly to your insurance provider for reimbursement
- If you don't have an insurance coverage, we offer date-of-service payment discount
- Call us at (607) 423-6393 if you have any questions!